Saturday, April 13, 2024

Wine Tasting 4/13

 






 


 Name of Wine: Barefoot Red Moscato

Varietal: Muscat
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: about $7
Online Wine Review: https://www.influenster.com/reviews/barefoot-red-moscato 

Review:
        Smell- I know I labeled this smell, but like I started the rest of my blogs I want to first describe my first impression of the wine. I first observed its color and I would describe it as a pale ruby based on the Wine Folly wine color chart(https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/complete-wine-color-chart/) which is usually the appearance associated with pinot noir. Now, when it came to the smell, it smelled delicious. It smelled like berry fruits, specifically raspberry, cherry, and strawberry.
 
        By Itself (6/10)- So I had this wine when I went home, so I just found the cheapest wine I could find in my mom's little wine cellar/collection thing and ask if I could drink it. She doesn't drink that often, so this wine was pretty old and could possible have been kind of expired I'm not totally sure. So when I drank it I didn't think it was too bad, I definitely got hints of cherry and raspberry, but it also tasted a little off, which is why I thought it could be expired. It was also very sweet, which I like but like I previously stated it tasted a little off which is why I'm giving it a 6 out of 10 rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting 4/13

      Name of Wine:  Barefoot Red Moscato Varietal:  Muscat Region:  Modesto, California Country:  USA Year:  2014 Price:  about $7 Online W...