Sunday, February 18, 2024

Wine Tasting: 2/16

 


 



 


 

   
Name of Wine: Stella Rosa-Tropical Mango
Varietal: Moscato
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: Not labeled
Price: $11.99
Online Wine Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxqDWHMNRE

Review:
        Smell- With the initial sniff of this wine, It smelled incredibly fruity. It had an overwhelming smell of just grapes with just a hint of maybe apple. It smelled citrusy, but I personally didn't smell any mango.
        By itself (7/10)- The first thing that hit me when tasting this wine was the sweetness. This is definitely a sweet wine, and it is also a little bold. This might just be because I'm new to wine and wine tasting, but this wine pretty much taste fully like grapes. This wine was fruity, more specifically tropical, but I didn't get any hints mango I did get hints of passion fruit though. This wine tasted almost exactly like green grape juice I drank when I was younger but less sweet.
        With food (5/10)- On the back of the wine bottle it says "serve chilled with fresh fruit, cheese, spicy cuisine, and deserts" so I decided to try it with my sandwich. This sandwich had paprika chicken, black truffle hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and chives. Because the sandwich definitely has some spice to it I thought it would pair well with the wine. I was wrong. I thought that the wine tasted worse with this food than when I tried it alone. When paired with the sandwich the wine's taste became more pronounced but in a bad way. It gave it more of a punch and seemed more acidic. In the future I may look to try and pair wine and food based of their aroma, maybe a red wine with hints of spices and pepper would've paired better with this sandwich (https://winefolly.com/tips/herb-and-spice-pairings-with-wine/).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting 4/13

      Name of Wine:  Barefoot Red Moscato Varietal:  Muscat Region:  Modesto, California Country:  USA Year:  2014 Price:  about $7 Online W...